A Down East favorite!
1 pound lobster meat cut into bite size pieces. Sauté in 1/2 pound butter until butter turns red.
Add 1 quart whole milk (cream if you like it thicker).
Garnish with parsley and serve hot with plenty of oyster crackers!
Stew tastes better if made a day ahead and refrigerated.
Cold Crabmeat Dip
A wonderful recipe given to me by my Aunt Peggy!
Blend well after adding each ingredient:
- 1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cream or half and half creamer
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cups or 1 pound of crabmeat
- Mix with electric mixer until smooth.
An old family recipe given to me by my cousin Nancy.
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs in bottom of dish
- 2 pounds of scallops, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt - Rosemary to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 pound butter, cut into chunks over top
- 1/2 cup milk or cream poured over top
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes -- Delicious!
- 1 pound scallops
- 2 beaten eggs
- 10 Ritz crackers rolled into crumbs
Roll each scallop in crumbs, then dip in beaten eggs. Roll again in crumbs. Place a piece of butter on top of each scallop. Bake in shallow buttered pan for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
Rich and tasty! You'll love them!
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large or 2 small eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
Mix crumbs, eggs, mayonnaise and seasonings. Add crabmeat. Mix gently and thoroughly. Shape into patties (about 6). Cook in frypan, using a small amount of oil, about 5 minutes on each side until light brown.
Lobster or Crabmeat Quiche
- 4 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound crabmeat or lobster meat (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp flour
Line large pie plate with grated cheese. Crumble crabmeat over top or add diced lobster meat. Beat eggs, milk, salt, onion, mustard and flour together. Pour over meat & cheese. Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Lobster Salad Sandwich
Dice 1 pound cold lobster meat into bite-size pieces. Add 2 Tbsp celery (chopped fine) and 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Mix together and serve on your favorite bread with fresh lettuce!
Lobster Tossed Salad
A refreshing change for a healthy lunch choice!
Make your favorite tossed salad with fresh greens and vegetables of your choice. Add cold leftover lobster meat, diced into bite-size pieces -- toss. Serve with a light vinaigrette dressing.
Baked Lobster Tails
Thaw tails overnight in refrigerator.
Open flat - so underside of tails are up. Split down center of tail, open up and remove intestinal vein.
Mix 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs with 1 cup melted butter, 2 (beaten) eggs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional).
Optional: add 1/4 cup fresh crabmeat, crumbled and/or 1/4 lb. cup up scallops.
Mix all - stuff tails. Brush with butter. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake on cookie sheet 20 minutes. Serve with side of melted butter.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato and clam juice cocktail
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 3 tablespoons butter
In a stock pot, combine wine, juice cocktail, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and add mussels.
Cover and continue to boil for about 6 to 8 minutes or until all the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that haven't opened.
Remove mussels from liquid and keep warm. Reduce liquid to one cup. Do not discard the garlic. Boil the 1 cup of liquid and add 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes.
Add butter and stir until butter has melted and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve mussels with sauce and crusty hard bread for dipping.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
In a medium stock pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent.
Pour in wine and mussels. Raise heat to medium/high and steam mussels until shells open, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Pour mussels and cooking liquid into a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Great as a main course or as an appetizer
- 1 lb. Scallops
- 1 lb. Crabmeat
- 1 lb. Lobster Meat
- 1/4 lb. Butter or Margarine
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 1/4 lb. Butter or Margarine
- 4 cups Raw Potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart Milk or 1 pint each Milk and Half & Half
Cut lobster meat into bite-size chunks - sauté in 1/4 pound of melted butter until butter turns a rosy color.
Sauté diced onion with 1/4 pound butter until transparent.
In stew pot, boil 4 large potatoes (cubed) in enough salted water to cover.
When potatoes are fork tender, add scallops, crabmeat, lobster meat and sautéed onions.
Lower heat to medium low. Add 1 pint half and half and 1 pint of whole milk (or one quart milk). Salt and pepper to taste.
When scallops are white, chowder is finished.
Serve with homemade biscuits or rolls; makes enough for 8 to 10 cups or 4 to 5 bowls.
This can be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated. Reheat slowly to prevent milk from curdling.
Hot Crabmeat Dip
- 2 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. crabmeat
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 heaping tblsp. prepared horseradish
Mix all ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; spoon into pie plate.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 min. until very lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
submitted by Marty "Willis"
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. ea.) cream cheese
- 1 can shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- small amount of cream or milk and mayonnaise
- seasoning: salt and pepper, tabasco and accent
Drain shrimp (save juice). Soften cream cheese in juice from shrimp. Add onion and ketchup with a little cream or milk for consistency. Add salt and pepper, accent and tabasco. Crumble up shrimp and add 1 teaspoon mayonnaise for consistency.